The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has extended the timescale to submit Workforce Development Fund claims from 31st March 2023 to 31st May 2023.
Learners will still have to start their learning programme by 31 March 2023 but claims can now be made until the new deadline of 31st May 2023. The date of issue of the certificate must be between 1 January 2022 and 31 May 2023 to be accepted as evidence in support of WDF 2022-23 claims.
Claiming for licensed learning programmes through Workforce Development Fund 2022-23
If an employer wishes to claim WDF in 2022-23 for learners completing Skills for Care licensed programmes, to comply with the above requirement, please ensure the following:
- the learner must have started the learning programme by 31 March 2023 and completed at least the first session
- the learner must complete all sessions within the learning programme by 31 May 2023
- you can only issue the certificate for the learner on completion of the full learning programme, and it needs to have a date of issue of either the date of the first training session or 31 May 2023.
- the employer must have signed up to a partnership or to claim directly from Skills for Care by 28 February 2023
- the employer must have updated and met the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set requirements for WDF before 17:00 on 31 March 2023
- the learner must have completed all sessions within the programme by 31 May 2023 and you should issue the certificate on completion in the usual way.
With Grey Matter Learning’s Well Led, Lead to Succeed and Leading Change Improving Care programmes, it’s the perfect time to start investing in leadership training.
Source: Skills for Care