Whistleblowing for Social Care, Training Course
Staff working in health and social care organisations are expected to see raising concerns as a normal part of their job, one which helps to maintain and improve standards of care, keep individuals safe from abuse and harm, and promote professional practice.
This online care training course will support you to have a better understanding of whistleblowing, why it is important for you, your organisation and those you care for and highlight different ways of raising and escalating concerns should you need to.
Why take this Whistleblowing Online course?
This eLearning social and health care course has been designed specifically for people who want to know more about Whistleblowing. Whilst it provides focus for people working in social care, it will also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Whistleblowing.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Whistleblowing Course Content
- What can be reported under whistleblowing rules?
- How does whistleblowing benefit an organisation?
- What are the legal and regulatory responsibilities regarding whistleblowing for both employers and employees?
- What are the requirements laid down by the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2013 (PIDA)
- How can a whistleblower raise a concern?
- How can a whistleblower escalate a concern if necessary?
- What are the benefits and features of an organisation maintaining a whistleblowing policy?
Aims of the Training Course
At the end of this online learning you will be able to:
- Identify the types of issues which qualify as legitimate disclosures under whistleblowing rules
- Understand how employees are protected through whistleblowing
- Know the legal and regulatory responsibilities regarding whistleblowing for both employer and employee
- Know the requirements laid down by the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2013 (PIDA)
- Understand the different means by which a whistleblower can raise concerns
- Understand the escalation process for whistleblowing
- Identify the benefits and features of an organisation maintaining a whistleblowing policy
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Preparing for an Outstanding CQC Inspection Course Free Course: We want what you want – for every care worker and care provider…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences