FREE Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Essentials Online Training Course
This online training course impacts on your day-to-day interactions with people you support who may not have mental capacity to consent in a care home setting. The legislation also covers people who can no longer live at home and alternative arrangements need to be made. You will learn about the changes to the law that happened because carers spoke up where they felt a situation was wrong and their actions led to more detailed checks about people's rights.
DoLS is being replaced with Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS). A national group is developing a Code of Practice to explain LPS. Target date for completion of this work is now scheduled for Winter 2021 with new regulations in effect from April 2022. This online course includes information about these changes and links to current documents.
We also have a Mental Capacity Act Training Course here. It is usually taken together with Liberty Protection Safeguards course (LPA Training Course).
Who should take this FREE Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about DoLS.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
FREE DoLS Training Course Content
- What is DoLS training?
- What is meant by restraint and restrictions under DoLS?
- Who are "Managing Authorities" and "Supervisory Bodies"?
- Who does the DoLS assessment and how?
- Applying for DoLS authorisation
- Who is DoLS relevant to?
- When can a person be deprived of their liberty?
- Supreme Court Judgements
- Types of DoLS authorisation
- Responsibilities and records
- Relevant person’s representative
Aims of the DoLS Training Course
At the end of this online learning you will be able to:
- Explain what DoLS is and when it is used
- Understand when it is appropriate for a person to be deprived of their liberty and how this is done legally
- Understand about DoLS assessments
- Identify the various roles of people and authorities
- Understand the legal aspects of DoLS
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Course Screenshots
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Mental Health, Dementia & Learning Disabilities Online Training Course This training course is about three of the major aspects of care you…
Person-centred Care Online Training Course As one person you cannot change the world but you can change the world for the individuals…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
FREE Self Harm and Suicide Prevention Online Training Course You might want to consider if now is the right time for you…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences