Stress and Resilience
Life can be stressful. Work can be stressful. Having to do another eLearning course can be stressful. Not recognising when you are stressed and not taking action to manage stress, can have a serious impact on you, the people around you and the people you work with. It might even mean you are not able to work.
More recent thinking suggests that stress is only harmful to our health if we believe it is. In this course we explain stress and how to notice it. We support you to understand resilience and take positive action to build your own resilience. We share resources, including recent research suggesting a different approach to how we view and respond to stress. Are you stressed or excited about doing this course? Either way, clap your hands, rub them together and exercise those fingers on your screen or keyboard.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Stress & Resilience.
- What is stress?
- What causes stress?
- What are the signs of stress?
- Stress risk management in the workplace
- How to manage stress and build resilience?
- Practical activities to cope with stress
- Mental health in the workplace
- Getting help and useful resources
Aims of the Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Describe what stress is
- Give examples of the possible causes of stress
- Understand the signs of stress and start recognising when you feel stressed
- Manage the risk of stress in the workplace
- Put steps in place to manage stress for you and people you support
- Understand various activities to help you and others cope with stress
- Understand resilience and how you can become resilient
- Understand the importance of mental health in the workplace
- Know where to get further information and support
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
24 Month Plan
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Care Certificate Fast Track Thinking about working in Social Care? Try the Care Challenge Quiz Fast track induction and recruitment has never…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences