Safeguarding Adults Online Training Course
Working closely with individuals, you are often the most likely person to be told something or notice something of concern. We help you to understand what harm and abuse might look like and how to challenge any concerns you have.
Never assume someone else has noticed or has raised a concern - it will make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". Ass can mean fool or donkey. This training course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate.
This course is part of our unlimited Course and Certificate package
Who should take this online Safeguarding training course?
This online Safeguarding training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Safeguarding Adults.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Safeguarding Online Training Course Content
- Explain the term Safeguarding Adults
- Explain your own role and responsibilities in safeguarding individuals
- List the main types of abuse
- Describe what constitutes harm
- Explain why an individual may be vulnerable to harm or abuse
- Describe what constitutes restrictive practices
- List the possible indicators of abuse
- Describe the nature and scope of harm to, and abuse of, adults at risk
- List a range of factors which have featured in adult abuse and neglect
- Demonstrate the importance of ensuring individuals are treated with dignity and respect when providing health and care services
- Describe where to get information and advice about your role and responsibilities in preventing and protecting individuals from harm and abuse
- Describe how care environments can promote or undermine people's dignity and rights
- Explain the importance of individualised, person-centred care
- Explain how to apply the basic principles of helping people to keep themselves safe
- Explain the local arrangements for the implementation of multi-agency Safeguarding Adult's policies and procedures
- List ways in which the likelihood of abuse can be reduced by managing risk and focusing on prevention
- Explain how a clear complaints procedure can reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Explain what to do if abuse of an adult is suspected; including how to raise concerns within local whistleblowing policy procedures
- List relevant legislation, local and national policies and procedures which relate to Safeguarding Adults
- Explain the importance of sharing information with the relevant agencies
- Describe the actions to take if you experience barriers in alerting or referring to relevant agencies
Aims of the Safeguarding Adults Online Training Course
At the end of this online training you will:
- Understand the principles of Safeguarding Adults
- Understand what constitutes harm and abuse
- Reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Respond to suspected or disclosed abuse
- Protect people from harm and abuse
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Safeguarding Children Online Training Course Everyone has a duty to prevent or stop child abuse, especially people who work in social care…
Person-centred Care Online Training Course As one person you cannot change the world but you can change the world for the individuals…
FREE Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Essentials Online Training Course This online training course impacts on your day-to-day interactions with people you…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences