Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Course
Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation) understands the right steps to take if they have any concerns that an adult or child may not be safe, irrespective of what sector they operate in.
This online safeguarding course has been written by an experienced Head of Safeguarding who has held strategic positions leading in safeguarding and safeguarding boards at various local authorities. The training course is aimed at people with responsibility for providing managerial support and direction to staff in an organisation or decision making about concerns raised by members of staff and/or members of the public.
Who should take this Safeguarding for Managers online course?
This online course has been designed specifically for Managers and Safeguarding Leads working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about safeguarding in a management context.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- What is safeguarding?
- Safeguarding terminology
- The Care Act 2014
- Mental Capacity
- Making Safeguarding Personal
- Identifying abuse
- Categories of abuse
- Managing risk
- Roles and responsibilities
- Responding to allegations, concerns and disclosures
- Partnership working, info sharing and confidentiality
- Other relevant legislation
Aims of the online course
By the end of the online course, you will:
- Provide managers and safeguarding leads an overview
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of managers and safeguarding leads
- Understand what safeguarding is and links to legislation
- Identify and access terminology relating to safeguarding
- Understand the different types of abuse
- Know how to manage risk and respond to allegations, concerns and disclosures
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on safeguarding
- Understand the importance of partnership and balancing appropriate info
- sharing and confidentiality
- Ensure wellbeing is part of the process
Online Course Screenshots
Training Course Certification
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Unlimited Access Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
PPE (COVID-19) Essentials Course PPE is used in all areas of industry to protect employees from hazards. In health and social care…
FREE CQC Training: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection This highly recommended course covers the essentials for care providers…