PPE (COVID-19) Essentials
PPE is used in all areas of industry to protect employees from hazards. In health and social care PPE is worn to protect employees and the people being cared for and supported. Whilst PPE is covered in Infection Prevention and Control, there has been an increased focus on PPE during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This course aims to increase the awareness of PPE in social care. It covers how to correctly use it to keep everyone as safe as possible.
The Government has extended the Infection Prevention and Control fund by £546m to reduce Coronavirus infections across the winter. More info here.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about PPE.
- What is PPE?
- When is PPE used?
- How to choose the right PPE
- The right way to put on and take off PPE?
- Storing, handling, wearing and disposing of PPE
- Legislation and legal responsibilities
- Special situations
Aims of the Course
At the end of this learning you will be able to:
- Understand the term PPE
- Identify different types of PPE
- Understand when PPE is used
- Know how to correctly put on and take off PPE
- Link PPE and infection control
- Identify relevant legislation
- Know where to find more information
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
24 Month Plan
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Stress and Resilience Life can be stressful. Work can be stressful. Having to do another eLearning course can be stressful. Not recognising…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences