Positive Behaviour Support Training Course
In this eLearning training course we will explain what Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is and why it is the recommended approach to working with people who display "behaviours that challenge". This is a straightforward introduction to PBS.
We will look at the management theories, the evidence base and the values that underpin PBS as a practice. We will introduce a basic model of understanding behaviour and explore the role of communication in PBS. Then we will consider ways to "make it happen" in care services and what is involved, including the use of behaviour support plans, primary prevention, secondary prevention and reactive strategies.
This PBS online training course includes links to videos, websites and other resources to support your deeper exploration into this important topic.
Who should take this online PBS training course?
This training course has been designed specifically for social Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about positive behaviour support.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Positive Behavious Support Course Content
- What is Positive Behaviour Support?
- Theories that support PBS
- What is good about PBS?
- What are ‘behaviours that challenge’?
- Understanding behaviour that challenges
- The importance of excellent communication skills
- Behaviour as a form of communication
- Implementing PBS
- High-quality care and support environments
- Functional, contextual and skills-based assessments
- Positive behaviour support management plans
- Primary prevention strategies
- Secondary prevention strategies
- Reactive strategies
- Post-incident reviews
- Getting help and further resources
Aims of the Online Course
- Understand PBS and the supporting theories
- Identify behaviours that challenge and why this happens
- Connect communication skills with behaviours that challenge
- Understand the different stages of behaviour and the strategies linked to these stages
- Identify how PBS management strategies can be implemented with the people you work with
- Engage in post-incident reviews
- Access videos, website and other resources to support your deeper exploration into PBS
Training Course Screenshots
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Person-centred Care Online Training Course As one person you cannot change the world but you can change the world for the individuals…
Autism Awareness Online Training Course If you have watched any television recently then you are likely to have seen someone with autism….
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
FREE CQC Training Courses: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection Take me to the course This highly recommended course…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences