FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course
The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals with their general health, wellbeing and dignity. Smiling Matters is a Care Quality Commission (CQC) report showing what they found following a review of oral health care in care homes across England. This led to CQC’s recommendation that care worker training includes oral health care.
This training course will give you a greater understanding about oral health care. Whilst the content will focus on your role as a care worker, you will also find useful information for you and your family at home. After all, we all have mouths. So, let’s find out more about how to look after them and get you smiling along the way!
Who should take this FREE Oral Health Care online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about oral health care.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Oral Health Care Online Training Course Content
By the end of the online course, you will:
- What is Oral Health Care and why is it important?
- Oral Health and its effect on general health, wellbeing and dignity
- The potential impact of untreated dental pain and mouth infections
- The potential impact on general health and wellbeing of people with complex needs
- How and when to assess oral health
- Daily mouth care - how and when to deliver this
- When to report oral health care concerns
- How to provide oral care for people with dentures
- People’s changing needs and circumstances
- Documenting oral health care
Aims of the Oral Health Care Training Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Describe what oral health care is
- Give examples of how oral health care affects general health, wellbeing and dignity
- Have a basic understanding of the potential impact of untreated dental pain and mouth infections
- Explain the potential impact on general health and wellbeing of people with complex needs
- Understand how and when to assess oral health
- Explain how and when to deliver daily mouth care
- Know when to report oral health care concerns
- Have a basic understanding of providing oral care for people with dentures
- Understand people’s changing needs and circumstances
- Know how and when to document oral health care
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs - ALL plans include ALL courses, including the Care Certificate. If you need more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Epilepsy Awareness Course This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences