Manual Moving and Handling Training Course for Carers
Use this online manual handling care training course to keep your knowledge up to date and to keep yourself and the people you support as safe as possible. Move, position, assist and handle people the correct way in order to prevent certain injuries.
This is perfect for people who are working in the social care setting and even for those people assisting special needs people. We cover both manual handling and moving and handling of people.
Lifting-related injuries are known by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to cause over a third of all workplace injuries. Unsafe techniques can cause you and the people you support a lot of harm.
This course is part of our unlimited Course and Certificate package
Who should take this Manual Moving and Handling training in care?
This moving and handling online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a CQC Regulated social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about moving and handling, manual handling or moving & assisting.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Manual Moving and Handling Online Training Course Content
- Define the term manual handling
- Describe the key terms in relation to assisting, positioning, and moving individuals
- Describe the current legislation
- Identify agreed ways of working
- List a range of items of manual handling equipment and their uses
- Explain importance of keeping up to date on current techniques, equipment and legislation
- Describe the basic anatomy of the human body including the structure of the spine
- Describe potential injuries to the individual from failing to follow approved techniques
- Describe potential injuries to the worker from failing to follow approved techniques
- Describe the potential legal consequences of injuries to the individual
- Describe responsibilities of a worker’s own role
- Identify the limitations of a worker’s own role
- Describe the role of others
- Describe when advice or assistance should be sought
- Describe why preparatory checks are necessary
- List a range of precautions for infection prevention and control
- Describe the difference between formal and informal risk assessments
- Describe the steps that should be taken to ensure dignity
- Describe how the environment can be a barrier
- Describe ways to overcome environmental barriers
- Describe why it is important to communicate with the individual prior to assisting and moving
- Understand how to support the individual to prepare before assisting and moving - Describe why it is important to communicate with others prior to assisting and moving
- Understand how to support the individual to prepare before assisting and moving - Describe what factors should be taken into account if there is conflict
- Understand how to support the individual to prepare before assisting and moving - Describe where to seek advice and assistance if the individual’s wishes conflict
Aims of the Moving and Handling Training Course
At the end of this online course you will:
- Understand the key concepts of manual handling
- Identify various items of equipment and what they are used for
- Understand the impact of assisting and moving
- Understand your role and the roles of others in assisting and moving individuals
- Understand the requirements for preparing the environment prior to assisting and moving
- Understand how to support the individual to prepare before assisting and moving
- Have an awareness of the relevant legislation
- Understand health and safety relating to moving and handling
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Privacy and Dignity in Care Online Training Course The little things you do can make big days for the people you support….
Bed Rail Safety Training Course We spend about one-third of our lives sleeping. Let’s make it as safe as possible for people…
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences