Equality & Diversity Course
There is no place for discrimination in social care. Diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination are all a key part of health and social care work.
It is essential that you have a good understanding of what this means in practice. It is important for you to be an advocate of equality and diversity and promote them during your work and home life.
This online course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate.
Who should take this online course?
This online course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about equality and diversity.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- Explain what is meant by diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
- Describe ways in which discrimination may deliberately or inadvertently occur at work
- Explain how practices that support equality and inclusion reduce discrimination
- Identify which legislation and codes of practice apply to your role
- Demonstrate interaction that respects individuals' beliefs, culture, values & preferences
- Describe how to challenge discrimination in a way that encourages positive change
- Identify a range of sources of information, advice and support
- Describe how and when to access information, advice and support
- Explain who to ask for support and advice
Aims of the Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
- Identify how discrimination takes places
- Advocate against discrimination and for inclusion
- Reduce the risk of discrimination in your role
- Take appropriate action to prevent discrimination and promote inclusion
- Understand the importance of beliefs, culture, values and preferences
- Identify relevant legislation
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Unlimited Learning Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Supervision Skills for Managers Training Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key…
Care Certificate Fast Track Thinking about working in Social Care? Try the Care Challenge Quiz Fast track induction and recruitment has never…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences