Equality & Diversity Online Training Course
There is no place for discrimination in social care. Diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination are all a key part of health and social care work.
It is essential that you have a good understanding of what this means in practice. It is important for you to be an advocate of equality and diversity and promote them during your work and home life.
This online training course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate.
Who should take this online Equality and Diversity training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about equality and diversity.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Equality and Diversity Online Training Course Content
- Explain what is meant by diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
- Describe ways in which discrimination may deliberately or inadvertently occur at work
- Explain how practices that support equality and inclusion reduce discrimination
- Identify which legislation and codes of practice apply to your role
- Demonstrate interaction that respects individuals' beliefs, culture, values & preferences
- Describe how to challenge discrimination in a way that encourages positive change
- Identify a range of sources of information, advice and support
- Describe how and when to access information, advice and support
- Explain who to ask for support and advice
Aims of the Equality and Diversity Training Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
- Identify how discrimination takes places
- Advocate against discrimination and for inclusion
- Reduce the risk of discrimination in your role
- Take appropriate action to prevent discrimination and promote inclusion
- Understand the importance of beliefs, culture, values and preferences
- Identify relevant legislation
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences