Communication Skills Online Training Course
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't being said.
The art of reading between the lines is a life long quest of the wise. This training course aims to refresh and expand your knowledge about communication in social care.
Who should take this communication skills training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about communication skills.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Communication Skills Online Training Course Content
- Describe the different ways that people communicate
- Describe how communication affects relationships
- Describe why it is important to observe and be receptive to an individual’s reactions
- Describe how to establish an individual's communication and language needs
- List a range of communication methods and styles
- List barriers to effective communication
- Describe ways to reduce barriers to effective communication
- Describe how to check whether you have been understood
- Describe where to find information and support services, to help them communicate more
- Describe what confidentiality means in relation to their role
- List any legislation and agreed ways of working to maintain confidentiality in day-to-day
- Describe situations where confidential information needs to be shared
- Describe who you should ask for advice about confidentiality
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication
- Ensure communication aids or technologies are clean, working properly and in good repair
- Report any concerns about communication aids or technology to an appropriate person
Aims of the Communication Skills Training Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand how and why people communicate in the context of your job role
- Understand why reactions are important and what they may mean
- Identify different communication and language needs
- Identify communication methods, styles and barriers
- Check you understand and are being understood
- Describe confidentiality and its importance in your role
- Identify legislation and agreed ways of working
- Understand when and when not to share information
- Identify the importance of clear communication and put it into practice
- Understand the concept of communication aids and technology
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Coaching, Mentoring and Challenging Conversations Online Training Course Coaching and mentoring are terms that are often used interchangeably but they are different….
Positive Behaviour Support Training Course In this eLearning training course we will explain what Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is and why it…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Free Epilepsy Awareness Training for Carers This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures….
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences