FREE Course on Assessing Competence for the Care Certificate
Do you ask your trainers and assessors to evidence their experience, qualifications and skills? If yes, good job! If not, why not? Surely you want to know the quality of service to expect. Just because a person can talk the talk, it doesn't always mean they can walk the walk. These days, we can review ratings when we purchase goods and services but what happens if ratings information is not available?
Skills for Care states "To assess the Care Certificate you must have a thorough understanding of and direct experience in what you’re assessing. You must also be confident and competent in workplace assessment."
So, who assesses the assessor to ensure they are competent? We can help you to do this quickly and effectively. This online course is designed to support assessors to demonstrate they have the knowledge and skills to be a competent Care Certificate assessor.
Who should take this FREE Assessing Competence online course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Assessors and people responsible for assessing the Care Certificate in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about the role of the assessor in a management context.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Assessing Competence Training Course Content
- What is the Care Certificate and who is it for?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Care Certificate and workplace inductions
- Assessment quality
- The assessment process
- Assessing knowledge
- Identifying learning styles
- Supporting learners to meet the outcomes
- Using a holistic approach and observations
- Strengths and challenges of gathering evidence
- Quality of learner practice
- Assessment decisions
- Reflective practice and CPD
Aims of the Assessor Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the Care Certificate
- Understand who can assess the Care Certificate
- Identify roles and responsibilities
- Differentiate between assessment methods
- Understand learning styles and their importance
- Identify what quality looks like and how to achieve it
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences