If you have watched any television recently then you are likely to have seen someone with autism. Older films like "Rain Man", modern drama series like "The Good Doctor" or lifestyle programmes like "The Autistic Gardener", all have central characters with autism. Some big name celebrities, like Chris Packham and Susan Boyle, have publicly shared they have a diagnosis of autism.
As a social care worker you might need to support someone on the autistic spectrum. So let's dive in to this course to find out exactly what autism is. See for yourself what it is really like to live on the autistic spectrum and learn the skills you may need to support someone on the autistic spectrum.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about autism.
- What is autism?
- Different names for autism
- Autism diagnosis
- Signs of autism in adults
- Signs of autism in children
- Conditions related to autism
- What causes autism?
- Communicating with people with autism
- Getting help and useful resources
Aims of the Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand what the autistic spectrum is
- Understand what causes autism
- Understand how autism is diagnosed
- Identify the signs of autism in adults and children
- Identify the skills needed to support someone on the autistic spectrum, particularly communication
- Know about different conditions linked to autism
- Identify where to get help and further information
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Unlimited Learning Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
FREE CQC Training: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection This highly recommended course covers the essentials for care providers…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences