Autism Awareness Online Training Course
If you have watched any television recently then you are likely to have seen someone with autism. Older films like "Rain Man", modern drama series like "The Good Doctor" or lifestyle programmes like "The Autistic Gardener", all have central characters with autism. Some big name celebrities, like Chris Packham and Susan Boyle, have publicly shared they have a diagnosis of autism.
As a social care worker you might need to support someone on the autistic spectrum. So let's dive into this online training course to find out exactly what autism is. See for yourself what it is really like to live on the autistic spectrum and learn the skills you may need to support someone on the autistic spectrum.
Who should take this Autism Awareness online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about autism.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Autism Awareness Online Training Course Content
- What is autism?
- Different names for autism
- Autism diagnosis
- Signs of autism in adults
- Signs of autism in children
- Conditions related to autism
- What causes autism?
- Communicating with people with autism
- Getting help and useful resources
Aims of the Autism Awareness Training Course
At the end of the training course you will:
- Understand what the autistic spectrum is
- Understand what causes autism
- Understand how autism is diagnosed
- Identify the signs of autism in adults and children
- Identify the skills needed to support someone on the autistic spectrum, particularly communication
- Know about different conditions linked to autism
- Identify where to get help and further information
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Positive Behaviour Support Training Course In this eLearning training course we will explain what Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is and why it…
Free Epilepsy Awareness Training for Carers This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures….
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences