Understand how to Support Positive Outcomes for Children & Young People
All children and young people benefit from experiencing positive outcomes, but positivity is especially important when children find themselves living in a residential care environment. There are many reasons why a child is placed into residential care but whatever the reason, like any of us, positive outcomes are essential for lives to be lived to their full potential, something which every child has an equal right to expect.
When considering positive outcomes, it is important to think about what this means before making any assumptions and forging ahead with plans for the future. The child or young person needs to be central to any planning process and it is vital to understand what they consider to be a positive outcome, rather than imposing ideas upon them. Child-centred planning is paramount, and the child or young person should be included at every step.
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about how to support positive outcomes for children and young people. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 Explain the impact of poverty on outcomes and life chances for children and young people
- 1.2 Identify the impacts of social and cultural factors on the lives of CYP
- 1.3 Personal choices and experiences available to CYP and how it can impact on them
- 2.1 Identify positive outcomes for CYP that residential childcare services can achieve
- 2.2 Explain the importance of active participation of children and young people in decisions
- 2.3 Explain the importance of designing services around the needs of children and young people
- 2.4 Explain how to support CYP to make personal choices according to their needs and abilities
- 2.5 Explain how social pedagogy aims to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- 2.6 Explain why it is important for practitioners to have high expectations of and ambitions for CYP
- 3.1 Explain the impact disability can have on positive outcomes and life chances of CYP
- 3.2 Explain the importance of positive attitudes towards disability
- 3.3 How the social model of disability shapes attitudes and approaches to support positive outcomes
- 3.4 Describe support available for children and young people with disabilities
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand how the social, economic and cultural environment can impact on the
outcomes and life chances of children and young people
- Understand how those working with children and young people can support positive outcomes
- Understand how disability can impact on positive outcomes and life chances for children and young people
Pricing Includes access to all courses and certificates
£5 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month 1 month notice period|
|Try a Free Course >>|
|Better than Half Price|
£2 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month Billed Annually|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Multiple Plan POA
For multiple staff, contact us for a demo, bespoke pricing and a dedicated account manager
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix POA Notice Period: By arrangement|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…