Support Attachment and Positive Relationships for Children & Young People
In a healthy upbringing, children and young people will form positive attachments and relationships with those around them, including family members, friends, and peers met through school and other activities.
For those who, for whatever reason, enter the care system, it may be the case that such attachments and relationships have not naturally formed or developed and because of this they will need to be carefully nurtured by those who have a responsibility to parent and support them. This online course will look at the importance of supporting attachment and positive relationships.
This course is part of our unlimited Course and Certificate package
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about attachment and positive relationships for children and young people. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 Summarise Theories of Attachment
- 1.2 Explain why positive attachments are important for children and young people
- 1.3 Analyse the short and long-term impacts of attachment on the wellbeing of CYP
- 2.1 Analyse factors in the life of a CYP which can present barriers to attachment
- 2.2 The role of parents and caregivers in supporting CYP to form positive attachments
- 2.3 Connections between positive attachments and positive relationships
- 2.4 Explain how attachment impacts on own role
- 2.5 Describe strategies for supporting CYP to form positive attachments
- 3.1 Describe features of positive relationship for CYP
- 3.2 Factors in the life of a CYP which can present challenges when building attachments
- 3.3 Approaches to building relationships where a CYP is affected by emotional or behavioural issues
- 3.4 Describe ways to support CYP to develop positive relationships with peers
- 4.1 Engage with children and people to develop positive relationships
- 4.2 Build connections with CYP using a range of skills, methods, and approaches
- 4.3 Maintain professional boundaries in relationship with CYP in residential care
- 5.1 Seek advice and support when concerned about the relationships and attachment behaviour
- 5.2 Implement "agreed strategies" to promote positive attachments and relationships
- 6.1 Describe how CYP have been supported by own practice to develop positive attachments
- 6.2 Evaluate own approaches for supporting positive attachments and relationships with CYP
- 6.3 Use reflection to inform improvements in own practice
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand the importance of positive attachments for the wellbeing of children and young people
- Understand how to support positive attachments for children or young people in residential childcare
- Understand how to support positive relationships for children and young people in residential childcare
- Be able to develop positive relationships with children and young people
- Be able to address concerns about attachments and relationships of children and young people
- Be able to reflect on own practice in supporting positive attachments and relationships for children or young people
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Supervision Skills for Managers Online Training Course Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences