Supervision Skills for Managers
Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines of Enquiry. Well led social care organisations will have a comprehensive supervision framework with processes operating effectively throughout. This will get the best performance out of everyone, ensuring the organisation’s philosophy is understood and that goals and objectives are achieved.
The Supervision Skills Training Course for social care Managers is available online and free to use, and if used correctly, it can have an incredibly positive impact on an organisation’s performance, its workers and importantly, the people it provides services to. Supervision is so much more than a one-to-one. Let’s find out why...
Why take this Supervision online course?
This online Supervision course has been designed specifically for people in a management or supervisory role working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about supervision.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Supervision Course Content
- What is supervision?
- Benefits of supervision
- Practicalities of supervision
- Person centred supervision
- Supervision skills
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Managing performance
- Challenging conversations
- Promoting continuous development
- Supervision records
- Measuring whether supervision has made a difference
Aims of the Training Course
At the end of this online learning you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of supervision
- Plan the practicalities of supervision
- Identify tools available to support supervision
- Improve engagement and get the most out of supervision
- Understand what skills are required to be a supervisor
- Give and receive feedback in a constructive way
- Identify how to manage performance and underperformance
- Be better equipped to overcome barriers and handle difficult conversations
- Make the most of promoting continuous development
- Follow a supervision agenda and keep appropriate records
- Identify methods for measuring the effectiveness of supervision
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Communication Skills Online Training Course The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. The most important…
Coaching, Mentoring and Challenging Conversations Online Training Course Coaching and mentoring are terms that are often used interchangeably but they are different….
Free Epilepsy Awareness Training for Carers This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures….
FREE CQC Training Courses: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection Take me to the course This highly recommended course…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences