Supervision Skills for Managers
Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines of Enquiry. Well led social care organisations will have a comprehensive supervision framework with processes operating effectively throughout. This will get the best performance out of everyone, ensuring the organisation’s philosophy is understood and that goals and objectives are achieved.
For some, supervision can still conjure images of “organisational surveillance” but, used correctly, it can have an incredibly positive impact on an organisation’s performance, its workers and importantly, the people it provides services to. Supervision is so much more than a one-to-one. Let’s find out why……
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for people in a management or supervisory role working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about supervision.
- What is supervision?
- Benefits of supervision
- Practicalities of supervision
- Person centred supervision
- Supervision skills
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Managing performance
- Challenging conversations
- Promoting continuous development
- Supervision records
- Measuring whether supervision has made a difference
Aims of the Course
At the end of this learning you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of supervision
- Plan the practicalities of supervision
- Identify tools available to support supervision
- Improve engagement and get the most out of supervision
- Understand what skills are required to be a supervisor
- Give and receive feedback in a constructive way
- Identify how to manage performance and underperformance
- Be better equipped to overcome barriers and handle difficult conversations
- Make the most of promoting continuous development
- Follow a supervision agenda and keep appropriate records
- Identify methods for measuring the effectiveness of supervision
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
24 Month Plan
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Epilepsy Awareness This course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at the different types of…
FREE CQC Training: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection We want what you want – for every care worker…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences