Self Harm and Suicide Online Training Course
Self harm and suicide are very emotive and sensitive subjects. More research has been done over recent years into incidents and causes of these behaviours and we are talking about them more openly which is really positive. Sadly there are still stigmas attached to people with mental health needs and there are still myths about why people self harm or choose to take their own life. The impact on people who self harm and their families can last a lifetime and the impact of suicide on family, friends and carers can be immense.
If you are personally affected by self harm or suicide or you are feeling particularly emotional right now, please make sure you seek support for your own wellbeing. You might want to consider if now is the right time for you to take this online training course. If in doubt, seek support. Your own wellbeing should always come first.
Who should take this Self Harm and Suicide online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Self Harm and Suicide.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Self Harm and Suicide Online Training Course Content
- Understand what is meant by the term self harm
- Understand what self harm is and the types of self harm
- Understand reasons for self harm and who might self harm
- Be aware of the stigma of suicide and self harm and its impact
- Be aware of what is required for self harm after care
- Understand what is meant by suicide
- Understand the link between self harm and suicide
- Recognise the warning signs of self harm and suicide
- Understand risk management of self harm and suicide
- Be aware of the process of recovery from attempted suicide
- Understand the impact of working with people who self harm or have suicidal thoughts
Aims of the Self Harm and Suicide Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Develop an understanding about self harm and suicide
- Identify the reasons why people self harm and commit suicide
- Explore the myths and facts surrounding self harm and suicide
- Know how to identify any concerning behaviour
- Understand Crisis Plans and what they contain
- Know what to do and how to respond
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
What people have said about this course:
The module has been greatly received – one of our psychiatrists said it’s the best module she has done in ages.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…