Stroke Awareness Online Training Course
Around 1 in 5 women and 1 in 6 men will have a stroke in their lives. That’s pretty high. Survival rates and quality of life can highly depend on the speed that support is given.
In this online training course we look at stroke symptoms and the importance of acting quickly. We explore what can cause strokes and how the risks can be reduced.
We will cover the impact on people’s lives and what care workers can do to support a stroke survivor.
This course is part of our unlimited Course and Certificate package
Who should take this Stroke Awareness online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about strokes.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Stroke Awareness Online Training Course Content
- Increase awareness of the signs that someone may have had a stroke
- Identify the importance of acting quickly
- Using BEFAST acronym
- Understand the challenges stroke survivors experience
- Identify treatments and therapies stroke survivors experience
- Know how to approach supporting stroke survivors
- Understand the importance of active participation and person-centred support
- Know what and when to report
Aims of the Stroke Awareness Course
By the end of the online course, you will:
- What is a stroke?
- Types of stroke
- Stroke prevention
- Signs, symptoms and first aid
- Challenges and impact on people’s lives
- Treatments and therapies
- Supporting stroke survivors
- Promoting active participation and person-centred support
- Monitoring and reporting
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences