Around 1 in 5 women and 1 in 6 men will have a stroke in their lives. That’s pretty high. Survival rates and quality of life can highly depend on the speed that support is given.
In this course we look at stroke symptoms and the importance of acting quickly. We explore what can cause strokes and how the risks can be reduced. We will cover the impact on people’s lives and what care workers can do to support a stroke survivor.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about strokes.
- Increase awareness of the signs that someone may have had a stroke
- Identify the importance of acting quickly
- Using BEFAST acronym
- Understand the challenges stroke survivors experience
- Identify treatments and therapies stroke survivors experience
- Know how to approach supporting stroke survivors
- Understand the importance of active participation and person-centred support
- Know what and when to report
Aims of the course
By the end of the course, you will:
- What is a stroke?
- Types of stroke
- Stroke prevention
- Signs, symptoms and first aid
- Challenges and impact on people’s lives
- Treatments and therapies
- Supporting stroke survivors
- Promoting active participation and person-centred support
- Monitoring and reporting
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Unlimited Learning Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
PPE (COVID-19) Essentials PPE is used in all areas of industry to protect employees from hazards. In health and social care PPE…
FREE CQC Training: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection This highly recommended course covers the essentials for care providers…