Slips, Trips, and Falls Prevention Online Training Course
All of us at some point have slipped or tripped or even fallen over. We often end up with grazed knees, a hole in our trousers and an embarrassed face but sometimes it can be much worse. Slips, trips and falls can quite literally change lives.
One moment we are running up and down stairs, nipping to the shops, going to the gym or playing sport and the next we could have a broken bone, and be laid up for months, not able to live a normal life. For people who are older or who have learning disabilities sometimes life is never the same after a fall.
In this online training course we will explore who is at risk from falls including us at work, and how to assess these risks. We will give tips on how to prevent falls both in the workplace and when supporting people. We will look at ways to support people, and at how to help someone when they have fallen.
Who should take this online Falls Prevention training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about slips, trips and falls in a care setting.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Slips and Falls Prevention Online Training Course Content
- What are slips, trips and falls?
- Who is at risk from slips, trips and falls?
- What are the causes of slips, trips and falls in the workplace?
- Responsibilities in the workplace
- What are the causes of falls in care settings?
- How to prevent slips, trips and falls in the workplace
- How to prevent slips, trips and falls in care settings
- Risk assessment
- Supporting people who are at risk from falls
- Consequences of falls for the people we support
- What to do if someone falls
- Monitoring and reporting on support for preventing falls
Aims of the Slips and Falls Prevention Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will be able to:
- Identify what puts a person at higher risk of having a fall
- Know what you can do to prevent slips, trips and falls
- Understand the importance of strength and balance training
- Understand what to do if someone has a fall
- Identify what needs reporting
- Understand the role of the risk assessment in falls prevention
- Access additional falls prevention resources
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE CQC Training Courses: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection This highly recommended course covers the essentials for care…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences