Safeguarding in Wales Online Course
Working closely with individuals, you are often the most likely person to be told something or notice something of concern. We help you to understand what adult or child abuse might look like and how to challenge any concerns you have.
Never assume someone else has noticed or has raised a concern - it will make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". Ass can mean fool or donkey. This training course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate or the All Wales Induction Framework (AWIF).
Who should take this online Safeguarding course?
This online Safeguarding course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting in Wales. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Safeguarding.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Online Course Content
- What is safeguarding?
- Explain your own role and responsibilities in safeguarding individuals
- List the main types of abuse
- Describe what constitutes harm
- Explain why an individual may be at risk of harm or abuse
- Describe what constitutes restrictive practices
- List the possible indicators of abuse
- How do you know if a child is being abused?
- Describe the nature and scope of harm and abuse of adults at risk
- List a range of factors which have featured in adult abuse and neglect
- Demonstrate the importance of ensuring individuals are treated with dignity and respect
- Describe where to get information and advice about your role and responsibilities
- Describe how care environments can promote or undermine people's dignity and rights
- Explain the importance of individualised, person-centred care
- Explain how to apply the basic principles of helping people to keep themselves safe
- Explain the local arrangements for the implementation of multi-agency Safeguarding Boards
- List ways in which the likelihood of abuse can be reduced by managing risk
- Explain how a clear complaints procedure can reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Know what to do if child abuse is suspected
- Explain what to do if abuse of an adult is suspected
- List relevant legislation, local and national policies and procedures
- Explain the importance of sharing information with the relevant agencies
- Describe the actions to take if you experience barriers in alerting or referring
Aims of the Online Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Safeguarding Adults
- Understand what constitutes harm and abuse
- Reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Respond to suspected or disclosed abuse
- Protect people from harm and abuse
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Safeguarding Children Online Training Course Everyone has a duty to prevent or stop child abuse, especially people who work in social care…
Person-centred Care Online Training Course As one person you cannot change the world but you can change the world for the individuals…
FREE Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Essentials Online Training Course This online training course impacts on your day-to-day interactions with people you…
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences