Safeguarding in Wales Online Course
Working closely with individuals, you are often the most likely person to be told something or notice something of concern. We help you to understand what adult or child abuse might look like and how to challenge any concerns you have.
Never assume someone else has noticed or has raised a concern - it will make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". Ass can mean fool or donkey. This training course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate or the All Wales Induction Framework (AWIF).
Who should take this online Safeguarding course?
This online Safeguarding course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting in Wales. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Safeguarding.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- What is safeguarding?
- Explain your own role and responsibilities in safeguarding individuals
- List the main types of abuse
- Describe what constitutes harm
- Explain why an individual may be at risk of harm or abuse
- Describe what constitutes restrictive practices
- List the possible indicators of abuse
- How do you know if a child is being abused?
- Describe the nature and scope of harm and abuse of adults at risk
- List a range of factors which have featured in adult abuse and neglect
- Demonstrate the importance of ensuring individuals are treated with dignity and respect
- Describe where to get information and advice about your role and responsibilities
- Describe how care environments can promote or undermine people's dignity and rights
- Explain the importance of individualised, person-centred care
- Explain how to apply the basic principles of helping people to keep themselves safe
- Explain the local arrangements for the implementation of multi-agency Safeguarding Boards
- List ways in which the likelihood of abuse can be reduced by managing risk
- Explain how a clear complaints procedure can reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Know what to do if child abuse is suspected
- Explain what to do if abuse of an adult is suspected
- List relevant legislation, local and national policies and procedures
- Explain the importance of sharing information with the relevant agencies
- Describe the actions to take if you experience barriers in alerting or referring
Aims of the Online Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Safeguarding Adults
- Understand what constitutes harm and abuse
- Reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Respond to suspected or disclosed abuse
- Protect people from harm and abuse
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Pricing Includes access to all courses and certificates
£5 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month 1 month notice period|
|Try a Free Course >>|
|Better than Half Price|
£2 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month Billed Annually|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Multiple Plan POA
For multiple staff, contact us for a demo, bespoke pricing and a dedicated account manager
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix POA Notice Period: By arrangement|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences