Everyone has a duty to prevent or stop child abuse, especially people who work in social care - it does not matter who you are or where you work.
This course will help you to recognise child abuse and neglect. It will give you indicators of abuse and ensure you know what to do if you are concerned.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Safeguarding Children.
- What is safeguarding children?
- Why some children may be more vulnerable to harm or abuse
- Main types of abuse
- How do you know if a child is being abused?
- What to do if child abuse is suspected
- The referral process
- Legislation and guidance
Aims of the Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of safeguarding children
- Identify children at greater risk
- Understand how children can be harmed and abused
- Identify different types of abuse
- Know what to do if abuse is suspected
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
24 Month Plan
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Epilepsy Awareness This course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at the different types of…
Oral Health Care The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals with their general health,…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences