Risk Management in Residential Childcare Training Course
This online course will help you to understand health, safety and risk management in residential childcare settings. It covers the legislative framework and how policies and procedures are implemented to enable children and young people to manage risk.
We consider the value of risk and challenge to a child’s development and how their age, abilities and needs must be taken into account when planning activities or supporting them. We explain how to evaluate the hazards and risks in your environment and show you how to undertake a risk assessment, so you can put measures in place to remove or reduce any risks of harm.
There are some stories shared along the way and real-life situations to consider; we hope these will help you apply the learning to your own workplace.
Who should take this Risk Management online training course?
This course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus for residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about managing risk when supporting children and young people. The course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Effective Communication Online Training Course Content
- 1.1 Key points of legislation for H&S and risk management
- 1.2 Explain how current H&S legislation, policies and procedures are implemented at work
- 1.3 Explain how H&S is monitored and maintained
- 1.4 Explain how people are made aware of the risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely
- 2.1 Analyse the value of risk and challenge for a CYP's development and enjoyment of life
- 2.2 Importance of taking an approach to risk that avoids excessive risk-taking or aversion
- 2.3 Work with CYP and others to establish shared agreement on how to manage risks
- 2.4 Support CYP to manage risk, taking into account age, abilities, needs and development stage
- 2.5 Describe potential conflicts between rights and choices and legal H&S requirements
- 3.1 Describe factors to consider to ensure the living environment is healthy and safe
- 3.2 Undertake H&S risk assessments
- 3.3 Use the recommendations of risk assessments to manage hazards
- 3.4 Explain how H&S risk assessments are monitored and reviewed
- 4.1 Policies and procedures in response to accidents, incidents, injuries, illness and emergencies
- 4.2 Procedures for recording and reporting accidents, incidents, injuries, illness & emergencies
Aims of the Risk Management training course
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand effective communication in the work setting
- Be able to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individual children and young people
- Be able to reduce barriers to communication in residential childcare settings
- Be able to use communication skills to de-escalate situations of tension or conflict
- Understand principles and practices relating to confidentiality in own work
- Be able to implement organisational processes and procedures for recording, storing and sharing information
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…