Risk Assessment in Social Care Online Training Course
This course will help care workers and people responsible for carrying out social care related risk assessments to increase their understanding of risk assessment and management. We also look at the differences between formal risk assessment, dynamic and informal risk assessments that are carried out by care workers on a regular basis throughout their work.
Care workers will understand the purpose of a risk assessment, understand how to carry out risk assessments effectively and how it is vital for all staff to contribute towards keeping risk assessments up to date.
Who should take this Training Course in Risk Assessment in Social Care?
This course has been designed specifically for people who want to know more about Risk Assessment. Whilst it provides focus for people working in social care, it will also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to understand more about Risk Assessment and how to carry them out.
Risk Assessment in Social Care eLearning Content
- What do we mean by risk?
- What are hazards and who could be at risk from harm?
- Different types of risk assessment
- Conducting a formal risk assessment in your workplace
- How the law relates to risk assessment
- What the health and social care regulator will look for
- Reviewing risk assessments
- Working with other agencies to risk assess
- Risk management
Aims of the Risk Assessment in Social Care Training Course
By the end of the assessment you will:
- Explain what is meant by risk
- Understand the purpose of risk assessment
- Identify hazards and who could be harmed
- Understand the different types of risk assessment
- Understand how to conduct a formal risk assessment in relation to individuals, activities and environments
- Identify how the law and principles of risk assessment are connected
- Know what the CQC will look for
- Understand how to review and update a risk assessment
- Understand the importance of reviewing incidents and learning from them
- Recognise the importance of working with other agencies to manage risks
- Understand key tasks relating to robus risk management.
Training Course Screenshots
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…