Support the Rights, Diversity and Equality of Children & Young People
This online course will help you to understand the rights of children and young people and how they are intended to improve their life chances and outcomes. We identify your responsibilities to support those rights and how you can challenge policies and procedures within your organisation that are discriminatory, harmful or illegal.
The training will explore how you can work with children and young people in ways that respect their choices about cultural practices and beliefs.
We will help you to understand the implications and effects of discrimination, stereotyping and labelling on children and young people. We explain how you can promote and value equality and diversity when working in a residential childcare environment and ways you can empower children and young people to raise a concern or complaint.
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about the rights, diversity and equality of children and young people. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 Outline the rights of children and young people
- 1.2 Explain how legislative and rights frameworks are intended to improve life chances and outcomes
- 1.3 Explain why the voice of the CYP has a central place
- 1.4 Explain how policies and procedures in own work setting reflect the rights of children
- 2.1 Explain how current equalities legislation affects work with children and young people
- 2.2 Explain the effects of discrimination, stereotyping and labelling on children and young people
- 2.3 How and why CYP in residential childcare can be the subjects of multiple discrimination
- 3.1 How your role carries power in relation to CYP in infringing their rights to equal treatment
- 3.2 Review own values and behaviours in relation to equality and diversity
- 3.3 Describe how to challenge discriminatory or oppressive behaviour
- 4.1 Describe differing cultural practices and beliefs
- 4.2 Support children or young people to understand and value their cultural practices
- 4.3 Work with children or young people in ways that respect their choices
- 4.4 Cultural practices that are discriminatory, harmful or illegal
- 5.1 Why CYP in residential childcare may find it difficult to raise concerns and complaints
- 5.2 Build confidence of CYP that concerns and complaints will be addressed
- 5.3 Support children or young people in raising concerns and making complaints
- 5.4 Explain how to recognise when a child or young person is expressing concern indirectly
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand the rights of children and young people
- Understand the implications of equalities legislation for children and young people in residential childcare
- Be able to address discriminatory practice
- Be able to work in a culturally sensitive way
- Be able to support the right of children and young people to raise concerns and make complaints
Pricing Includes access to all courses and certificates
£5 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month 1 month notice period|
|Try a Free Course >>|
|Better than Half Price|
£2 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month Billed Annually|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Multiple Plan POA
For multiple staff, contact us for a demo, bespoke pricing and a dedicated account manager
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix POA Notice Period: By arrangement|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…