Radicalisation and Prevent Training Course
This course covers the topics of radicalisation and Prevent, the UK government’s counter-terrorism strategy which aims to stop people from being radicalised and becoming involved in terrorism. We include statistics, a case study and the role of the internet and social media.
We look at why radicalisation has come to be defined primarily as a terrorist form of grooming, how it occurs and who is at risk.
You will learn what makes people more susceptible to radicalisation and the signs to look out for. Your role is vital to the success of Prevent so we look at the actions you can take to stop people from being drawn into terrorism.
Who should take this Radicalisation and Prevent online training course?
This course has been designed specifically for people who want to know more about Radicalisation and the Prevent strategy.. Whilst it provides focus for people working in social care, it will also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about these topics.
Radicalisation and Prevent Online Training Course Content
- What is extremism and radicalisation?
- What is Prevent?
- What makes people more susceptible to radicalisation?
- How people can be drawn into terrorism
- The role of the internet and social media
- Indicators that a person might be at risk of being involved in terrorism or being radicalised
- The role of social care practitioners in prevention, identifying and supporting people at risk
- What to do if you have concerns and information sharing
Aims of the Radicalisation and Prevent training course
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand the government’s strategy for dealing with radicalisation.
- Identify how radicalisation has come to be defined primarily as a terrorist form of grooming.
- Understand why some people are more susceptible to radicalisation.
- Programmes to support adults and children at risk from radicalisation.
- Understand the role of social care practitioners in prevention, identifying and supporting those at risk.
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
I found some of the questions very interesting, covered topics that have never been discussed before in training. They made me think and question myself, excellent course.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences