Privacy and Dignity in Care Online Training Course
The little things you do can make big days for the people you support.
We look at how privacy and dignity are an integral part of your work with individuals and give you lots of practical guidance.
We also review your role in supporting individuals to make choices and to participate. This online course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate.
Who should take this Privacy and Dignity online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Privacy and Dignity in Care.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Privacy and Dignity Training Course Content
- Describe what is meant by privacy and dignity
- List situations where an individual's privacy and dignity could be compromised
- Describe how to maintain privacy and dignity in the work setting
- Demonstrate that your actions maintain the privacy of the individual
- Demonstrate that the privacy and dignity of the individual is maintained at all times being in line with the person's individual needs and preferences when providing personal care.
- Explain why it is important not to disclose anything about the individual that they may wish to be kept private, unless it is appropriate to do so
- Report any concerns you have about privacy and dignity to the relevant person
- Describe ways of helping individuals to make informed choices
- Explain how risk assessment processes can be used to support the right of individuals to make their own decisions
- Explain why personal views must not influence an individual's own choices or decisions
- Describe why there may be times when you need to support an individual to question or challenge decisions made about them by others
- Demonstrate how to support individuals to make informed choices
- Check the risk assessment processes are used to support the right of individuals to make their own decisions
- Reflect on how their own personal views do not influence an individual's own choices or decisions
- Report any concerns you have about informed choices to the relevant person.
- Describe the importance of how valuing people contributes to active participation
- Explain how to enable individuals to make informed choices about their lives
- List other ways you can support active participation
- Describe the importance of enabling individuals to develop skills in self-care and to maintain their own network of friends within their community
- Demonstrate that you can support the active participation of individuals in their care
- Reflect on how your own personal views could restrict the individual's ability to actively participate in their care
- Report any concerns about active participation to the relevant person
Aims of the Privacy and Dignity Training Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand the principles that underpin privacy and dignity in care
- Maintain the privacy and dignity of the individual(s) in your care
- Support individuals in making informed choices and understanding their rights
- Support an individual to question or challenge decisions made about them by others
- Understand how your personal views must not influence an individual's choices or decisions
- Understand how to support active participation and support individuals in active participation in their own care
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences