Personal Safety Course
Welcome to this ‘Personal Safety’ course. We sincerely hope that you find the course both interesting and relevant.
In this short online course we are going to suggest what to do and what not to do when travelling alone. We are also going to offer SIMPLE but EFFECTIVE advice and techniques to improve situation awareness. Completing the course is no guarantee of safety. However, we hope that it will help you be more aware of what is happening around you.
This online course has been prepared by Lynn and Steve Rogers of AnteVorte Ltd. The authors have over 60 years of experience of conducting investigations within both the public and private sector.
Who should take this online course?
This online personal safety course has been created for anyone and everyone. It has been produced to help as many people as possible feel confident and safe.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
- “Be more aware of my surroundings”
- What does a stalker or an attacker look like?
- Where do physical and verbal attacks happen?
- Protect yourself - remain vigilant!
- Safety advice - drugs and alcohol
- Safety advice - reduce risk when walking alone
- Safety advice - reduce risk when travelling in a vehicle alone
- Safety advice - vehicle breakdown
- Safety advice – taxis
- Safety advice – tubes, trains and buses
- Simple situation awareness
- What to look for?
- Safety advice – buildings
- Safety advice - social media
Aims of the course
By the end of the course, you will:
- Identify how to avoid being vulnerable
- Understand how to be vigilant and keep safe
- What to do if you think you are being followed
- Be able to use strategies that promote your own safety
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Unlimited Access Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
Epilepsy Awareness Course This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at…
FREE CQC Training: Online eLearningHow to prepare for an Outstanding CQC Inspection This highly recommended course covers the essentials for care providers…