Person-centred Care Online Training Course
As one person you cannot change the world but you can change the world for the individuals you work with. This online course provides a refresher for people who have done the Care Certificate.
This online training course looks at the values underpinning social care work that promote wellbeing.
We challenge your thinking and share ways you can provide care and support that considers the different needs of individuals.
Who should take this online Person-centred Care training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting in Wales. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Person-centred Care values.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Person-centred Care Online Course Content
- Describe how to put person-centred values into practice in your day-to-day work
- Describe why it is important to work in a way that promotes person centred values when providing support to individuals
- List ways to promote dignity in your day-to-day work
- Describe the importance of finding out the history, preferences, wishes and needs of the individual
- Explain why the changing needs of an individual must be reflected in their care and/or support plan
- Explain the importance of supporting individuals to plan for their future wellbeing and fulfilment, including end-of-life care
- Take appropriate steps to remove or minimise the environmental factors causing the discomfort or distress.
- Report any concerns you have to the relevant person
- Make others aware of any actions they may be undertaking that are causing discomfort or distress to individuals. Raise any concerns directly with the individual concerned, your manager and via other channels and systems
- Check where individuals have restricted movement or mobility that they are comfortable
- Recognise the signs that an individual is in pain or discomfort. This could include - Non-verbal communication
- Take appropriate action where there is pain or discomfort. This could include - reporting to a more senior member of staff
- Remove or minimise any environmental factors causing pain or discomfort. These could include - wet or soiled clothing or bed linen
- Explain how individual identity and self-esteem are linked to emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- Demonstrate that your own attitudes and behaviours promote emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- Support and encourage individuals own sense if identity and self-esteem
- Report any concerns about the individual's emotional and spiritual wellbeing to the appropriate person. This could include - Family member
- Demonstrate that your actions promote person centred values including: individuality
Aims of the Person-centred Care Online Training Course
At the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of person-centred values and how to work in a person-centred way
- Understand the importance of finding out the history, preferences, wishes and needs of individuals
- Have an awareness of an individual’s immediate environment and make changes to address factors that may be causing distress
- Know how and when to raise concerns about anything that is causing discomfort or distress to individuals
- Support individuals to minimise pain or discomfort
- Support individuals to maintain their identity and self- esteem
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Epilepsy Awareness Course This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at…
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences