Participate in Teams to Benefit Children & Young People
In this online course we will be looking at the skills and knowledge needed to work effectively as part of a team.
The training also looks at how to work effectively as a part of multiple teams and to facilitate teams working together in what is termed multi agency working.
This course is part of our unlimited Course and Certificate package
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about team work when working with children and young people. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 Explain the practices that support effective team working
- 1.2 Define the roles and responsibilities of different team members in own work setting
- 1.3 Describe ways to ensure that own responsibilities as a team member are met
- 2.1 Describe the functions of agencies that constitute the local network involved with CYP
- 2.2 Explain how and why referrals are made between agencies
- 3.1 Analyse the benefits of networks and multi-agency work in supporting positive outcomes for CYP
- 3.2 How failures have been highlighted in formal inquiries and SCRs
- 3.3 When it would be desirable to use networks to build a multi-agency team
- 4.1 Build and maintain working relationships with others within and beyond the work setting
- 4.2 Overcome barriers to partnership working
- 4.3 Reflect on own practice in building and maintaining working relationships
- 4.4 Identify where improvements can be made in own practice to support working relationships
- 5.1 Participate in negotiating agreement on the parameters of a team built around a CYP
- 5.2 Adapt own role and working practice to take account of responsibilities as a team member
- 5.3 Work collaboratively within agreed boundaries while ensuring the CYP remains the focus
- 5.4 Support the CYP to understand team work to their level of understanding
- 6.1 Use appropriate communication for different circumstances in multi-agency working
- 6.2 Tensions between maintaining confidentiality and the need to share information with others
- 6.3 Prepare reports that meet legal requirements and are accurate, legible and concise
- 6.4 Use information in reports prepared by other agencies to support multi-agency working
- 6.5 Explain the value of using information prepared by other agencies
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand how to work as part of a team
- Understand the local network for children and young people's services
- Understand the role of networks and multi-agency work in supporting positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare
- Be able to build working relationships with others involved in the care of children and young people
- Be able to participate in a multi-agency team around a child or young person
- Be able to communicate with others to facilitate multi-agency working
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Supervision Skills for Managers Online Training Course Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences