Parkinson's Disease Online Training Course
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive brain disorder that leads to shaking, stiffness, and difficulty with walking, balance, and coordination. Symptoms usually get worse over time and as it progresses, people may have difficulty walking and talking.
This online training course provides an overview of the disease to enable people to understand what it is as well as the signs and symptoms to look out for. We cover the different stages of how the disease progresses and how to care for and support an individual who has Parkinson’s Disease.
Who should take this Parkinson's Disease online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Parkinson's Disease.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Parkinson's Disease Online Training Course Content
- Understand what Parkinson’s is
- Identify the signs and symptoms and stages of progression
- Know how Parkinson’s is diagnosed and the tests carried out
- Understand the challenges people with Parkinson’s experience
- Know how to provide the best possible care and support for people with Parkinson’s
- Understand how you can support active participation
- Know how to monitor, record and report appropriately
Aims of the Parkinson's Training Course
At the end of this online learning you will know and understand:
- What is Parkinson’s disease?
- Signs and symptoms
- Diagnosis and tests
- Treatment and therapies
- Challenges and impact on people’s lives
- Supporting people who have Parkinson’s
- Promoting active participation
- Monitoring and reporting
Training Course Screenshots
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
Epilepsy Awareness Course This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time >
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages >
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care >
- Join thousands of services and local authorities >
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings >
- Established 14 years - we know what works >
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification >