Obesity in Adults Online Training Course
Being overweight is not just an appearance issue. It is a medical concern due to the serious affects it can have on a person’s health. People with obesity have an increased risk for many serious diseases and health conditions.
In this course, we look at how obesity is defined. We explore the challenges around obesity and its impact. We also look at the things that can be done to support a person to prevent and reverse unhealthy weight gain.
Who should take this Obesity in Adults online training course?
This course has been designed specifically for people who want to know more about Adult Obesity. Whilst it provides focus for people working in social care, it will also be useful to a wider audience of people.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Obesity in Adults Online Training Course Content
- What is obesity?
- How prevalent is obesity?
- Why do people become overweight?
- Other causes of obesity
- The impact of obesity
- Supporting individuals with weight problems
- Person-centred conversations about weight
- Supporting behaviour change
- Treatment and resources
Aims of the Obesity in Adults training course
By the end of the training you will:
- Define what is meant by the term obesity
- Explain the causes and contributing factors of obesity and why individuals become overweight or obese
- Outline the impact of obesity on society
- Identify the physical, psychological and social consequences of obesity
- List the day-to-day challenges someone who is obese may experience
- Describe what you can do to support individuals to prevent and reverse unhealthy weight gain
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
I found some of the questions very interesting, covered topics that have never been discussed before in training. They made me think and question myself, excellent course.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…