Motor Neurone Disease Online Care Course
In this online MND care course, you will find information about MND and how it may impact someone’s life. You will also learn about how to support someone with a diagnosis.
Motor Neurone Disease (MND) is a progressive condition with currently no known cause. Deterioration of the motor neurones impacts many varied aspects of daily life for those with a diagnosis. It is therefore important to raise awareness of the disease so that more people can help support those with the care needs of an MND diagnosis.
Who should take this MND online care training course?
This course has been designed specifically for people who want to know more about Motor Neurone Disease. Whilst it provides focus for people working in social care, it will also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Motor Neurone Disease and how to support people with it.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Motor Neurone Disease Online Training Course Content
- What is MND?
- What causes MND and how does it progress?
- How MND is diagnosed and the different types
- What does a person with MND experience?
- Medical management of MND
- Care planning and risk assessment
- How to support a person with MND
- Living with a MND diagnosis
Aims of the MND Training Course
At the end of this online learning you will know and understand:
- Describe what MND is
- Explain how and why MND progresses
- Have a basic understanding of how MND is diagnosed and the different types of MND
- Explain what a person with MND may experience as the condition progresses
- Outline the medical management of MND
- Understand risk assessment, care planning and documentation
- Identify what to do to support someone with MND
- Know where to get further information and support on MND
Training Course Screenshots
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
Free Epilepsy Awareness Training for Carers This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures….
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time >
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages >
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for health and social care >
- Join thousands of services and local authorities >
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings >
- Established 14 years - we know what works >
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification >