Mental Health, Dementia & Learning Disabilities Online Training Course
This training course is about three of the major aspects of care you are likely to come across in your role. If you don't think all three are relevant, you should know that one in three people experience challenges with mental health in their lifetime, dementia is not just about older people and people can have learning disabilities without a diagnosis.
That's why Skills for Care have made it a requirement to cover these. This course can be used as a refresher if you have already done the Care Certificate.
Who should take this online Mental Health training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disabilities.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Online Training Course Content
- How someone may feel with a Mental health condition, Dementia or Learning Disability
- How these conditions influence a person’s care needs
- Understanding the different causes of conditions and support needs
- How positive attitudes improve care and support
- The social model of disability, attitudes to disability & involving people in their own care
- Describe what adjustments in care may be needed
- How to report concerns associated with any unmet needs
- Explain why early detection is important
- Examples of how and why adjustments to care and support might need to be made
- Legislation and policies to promote human rights, inclusion & equality
- How legislation and policies affect the day to day experiences of individuals
- What is meant by the term “capacity”?
- Why it is important to assume that someone has capacity
- Explain what is meant by “consent”
- When an assessment of capacity might be needed
Aims of the Learning Disabilities Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand the basics of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Explain how a positive attitude can improve care and support
- Understand the importance of involving people in decisions about their care
- Have an awareness of the relevant legislation
- Understand the terms “capacity” and “consent” and how they apply to your role
- Know when and how to report concerns
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences