Mental Capacity Act Online Training Course
Wow - a whole training course about legislation! Not quite! Really it is about people, their rights and making sure that if they are unable to make choices for themselves that they are appropriately protected and supported.
Anyone can lose capacity for a short period of time and knowing their rights in these situations is essential. This online training course will help you to understand this important area of social care and support work.
Who should take this Mental Capacity Act online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about the essentials of the Mental Capacity Act.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Mental Capacity Act Online Training Course Content
- What is the Mental Capacity Act?
- What the MCA means for care services and workers?
- What does Mental Capacity mean?
- Five key principles
- Your assessment procedure
- The test to assess capacity
- Helping someone to make a decision
- Best interests decisions
- The role of the Public Guardian
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Decisions
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCA)
Aims of the Mental Capacity Act Training Course
By the end of the online course, you will:
- Know the essentials about the legislation
- Understand the process of assessing mental capacity
- Understand the roles of different people involved
- Know how the Mental Capacity Act applies to your role
- Understand the impact of short and long term capacity loss
- Know when to raise concerns
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Epilepsy Awareness Course This free epilepsy training course aims to raise awareness about epilepsy and the management of seizures. We look at…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences