Support Children & Young People to Manage their Health
In this online course we will look at why it is important for children and young people to be registered with a GP. We will cover the additional benefits and services this brings in terms of referrals to other health professionals and reasons why a child may not have accessed these before.
We will also look at when and which services we may need to access to ensure that the appropriate treatment is given.
We will cover how we can encourage children and young people to recognise their own needs and take responsibility for themselves, whether it be medication or lifestyle choices and how these can be sustained.
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about supporting children and young people to manage their health. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 The range and function of health agencies and services available locally
- 1.2 The impact on a CYP if they are not able to register with primary health services
- 1.3 Factors that may jeopardise access to health services for CYP
- 1.4 Ways to help CYP overcome barriers to accessing health service provision
- 2.1 Assess concerns about the health of CYP to decide what action is necessary
- 2.2 Take action to address concerns following agreed procedures
- 2.3 Record and report concerns following agreed procedures
- 2.4 Seek support where concerns are beyond own experience, competence or job role
- 3.1 Support children or young people to recognise their own health needs
- 3.2 Support C&YP to recognise the benefits of keeping appointments and implementing treatments
- 3.3 Support children or young people to access health services and complete recommended treatments
- 3.4 Support CYP who manage their own medication or treatment to do this safely
- 4.1 Describe factors associated with a healthy lifestyle
- 4.2 Evaluate how own actions model a healthy lifestyle
- 4.3 Support children or young people to understand the choices they can make about their lifestyle
- 4.4 Support children or young people to sustain healthy lifestyle choices
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand health service provision in relation to children and young people in residential childcare
- Be able to address concerns about the health of children and young people
- Be able to support children and young people to manage their own health needs, as appropriate to their age and level of understanding
- Be able to support children and young people to make healthy lifestyle choices
Pricing Includes access to all courses and certificates
£5 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month 1 month notice period|
|Try a Free Course >>|
|Better than Half Price|
£2 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month Billed Annually|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Multiple Plan POA
For multiple staff, contact us for a demo, bespoke pricing and a dedicated account manager
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix POA Notice Period: By arrangement|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…