Loss and Bereavement Support Online Training Course
Most people will experience loss and bereavement at some point during their lives. Sadly, that will include you. In social care we often build strong bonds with the vulnerable people we support because we care. This means you are likely to experience more loss and bereavement than someone who is not involved in a social care role.
In this course, we are not telling you how to behave when experiencing your own loss. You are a wonderfully unique individual and you will have your own unique experiences. However, we will share with you some of the key models identified through studies of patterns of other people’s experiences and help you to understand what is normal and when to seek support. We also help you to apply this learning to your work when you need to support colleagues or the individuals you support through the grieving process. Naturally, the learning can be applied in your personal life too with your family and friends.
Who should take this Loss and Bereavement Support online training course?
This course has been designed specifically for people who want to know more about loss and bereavement. Whilst it provides a focus for people working in social care, it will also be useful to a wider audience of people..
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Loss and Bereavement Support Online Training Course Content
- Reacting to loss and bereavement
- Stages of dying
- Stages of grief
- End of life care
- Supporting bereaved people
- Managing your own feelings and getting help
Aims of the Loss and Bereavement Support training course
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand the models of loss and bereavement
- The stages of dying
- Meet the needs of bereaved people more effectively in your practice
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
I found some of the questions very interesting, covered topics that have never been discussed before in training. They made me think and question myself, excellent course.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…