LGBTQ+ Awareness Training Course
LGBTQ+ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer. The ‘+’ includes people who define their sexual orientation and/or gender identity as anything other than heterosexual. In this course we will look at this in greater detail with the aim of raising awareness about people who identify as LGBTQ+.
Who should take this LGBTQ+ Awareness online training course?
This course has been designed specifically to not only educate but raise awareness about people who identify as being part of the LGBTQ+ community.
We take a look at multiple areas such as myths, assumptions and stereotypes based around this topic as well as driving into the history, laws and the language that we should and shouldn’t use. This course is designed for people who may work with this community but also for anyone who would like to make themselves more knowledgeable on the topic.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
LGBTQ+ Online Training Course Content
- Language, terminology and definitions
- Myths and assumptions
- Communication – how we use Language
- LGBTQ+ history
- Understanding the problem with gender stereotypes
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression
- Trans awareness
- Homophobia, biphobia and transphobia (HBT) and Hate Crimes
- LGBTQ+ families and relationships
- The laws that protect LGBTQ+ people and communities, support groups, history and further information
Aims of the LGBTQ+ training course
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand what the language used about LGBTQ+ and the various terms and what they mean
- Identify what are myths and assumptions about the LGBTQ+ community
- Know how to communicate with LGBTQ+ people respectfully
- Know the importance of challenging inappropriate communication
- Understand the history about LGBTQ+
- Identify the challenges faced by the LGBTQ+ community
- Identify the legal framework surrounding LGBTQ+ people
LGBT+ Awareness Course Screenshots
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
I found some of the questions very interesting, covered topics that have never been discussed before in training. They made me think and question myself, excellent course.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…