Infection Prevention & Control Training Course
Whilst the bug here looks a bit cute, bugs can be pretty nasty. Florence Nightingale apparently said “Wise and humane management of a patient is the best guard against infection.”
This online training course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate. Be wise - take this course!
The Government has extended the Infection Prevention and Control fund by £546m to reduce Coronavirus infections across the winter. More info here.
Who should take this online Infection Prevention training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Infection Prevention & Control.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Infection Prevention Online Course Content
- Describe the main ways an infection can get into the body
- Demonstrate effective hand hygiene
- Explain how your own health or hygiene might pose a risk to the people you support
- List common types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), procedures and current use
- Explain the principles of safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste
Aims of the Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand the Chain of Infection
- Explain the 9 infection control precautions
- Know when and how to wash your hands using NHS guidance
- Understand the differences between viral and bacterial infections
- Know how to avoid the spread of infection
- Select personal protective equipment appropriate to the situation
- Know how to safely handle soiled linen and clinical waste
Unlimited Access Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs - ALL plans include ALL courses, including the Care Certificate. If you need more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
FREE Course on Assessing Competence for the Care Certificate Do you ask your trainers and assessors to evidence their experience, qualifications and…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences