Infection Prevention & Control (Wales) Course
Whilst the bug here looks a bit cute, bugs can be pretty nasty. Florence Nightingale apparently said “Wise and humane management of a patient is the best guard against infection.”
This online course provides a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate or the All Wales Induction Framework (AWIF). Be wise - take this course!
Who should take this online Infection Prevention course?
This online course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting in Wales. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Infection Prevention & Control.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Online Course Content
- Describe the main ways an infection can get into the body
- Demonstrate effective hand hygiene
- Explain how your own health or hygiene might pose a risk to the people you support
- List common types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), procedures and current use
- Explain the principles of safe handling of infected or soiled linen and clinical waste
Aims of the Course
By the end of the eLearning course, you will:
- Understand the Chain of Infection
- Explain the 9 infection control precautions
- Know when and how to wash your hands using NHS guidance
- Understand the differences between viral and bacterial infections
- Know how to avoid the spread of infection
- Select personal protective equipment appropriate to the situation
- Know how to safely handle soiled linen and clinical waste
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Health and Safety Online Training Course Everyone is responsible for health and safety. That includes you! This online training course provides a…
COSHH – Substances Hazardous to Health Online Training Course Many of you won’t be excited by the thought of doing an online…
FREE Supervision Skills for Managers Online Training Course Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care…
PPE (COVID-19) Essentials Online Training Course PPE is used in all areas of industry to protect employees from hazards. In health and…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences