Support Group Living in Residential Childcare
In this online course we will look at how the experience of group living can be used to promote positive outcomes for children and young people.
The training will consider theories that relate to group living and how these can influence and enable creative practice that provides a nurturing environment, supportive of an overall sense of wellbeing, security and belonging.
Encouraging the group, whatever size, to agree together and influence daily routines and living patterns that take into account everyone’s needs, helps to develop relationships, socially aware behaviour and self-esteem.
Who should take this online course?
This training course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people and provides focus on residential settings. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about supporting group living with children and young people. The training course provides content to meet qualification units relating to residential childcare.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Online Course Content
- 1.1 Summarise theories about groups as they relate to group living with children and young people
- 1.2 Summarise theories about how the physical environment can support wellbeing in a group setting
- 2.1 Apply theories of group dynamics to support CYP in their day to day experience
- 2.2 Facilitate agreements with and between CYP on arrangements for living together
- 2.3 Support CYP to resolve conflict and disagreements
- 2.4 Benefits of working with some conflicts and disagreements rather than seek to resolve them
- 2.5 Work with CYP to maintain the physical environment in ways that support wellbeing
- 3.1 Plan with CYP daily living activities that meet their needs, preferences and aspirations
- 3.2 How planning daily living activities as a group links to individual plans
- 3.3 Ensure CYP are central to decisions about daily activities
- 4.1 Develop positive relationships with CYP by jointly undertaking day to day activities
- 4.2 Encourage socially aware behaviour through modelling and reinforcement during shared activities
- 4.3 Support CYP to maintain positive relationships with others through shared activities
- 5.1 Reflect on the impact of own practice and behaviour on CYP’s experience of group living
- 5.2 Work with CYP to evaluate activities and agreements for group living
- 5.3 Propose improvements to living arrangements and practices using reflections and evaluations
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand theories that underpin work with children and young people in group living
- Be able to support children and young people to live together as a group
- Be able to plan with children and young people activities for sharing a living space
- Be able to support children and young people to develop relationships through daily living activities
- Be able to support continuous improvement in group living arrangements
Pricing Includes access to all courses and certificates
£5 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month 1 month notice period|
|Try a Free Course >>|
|Better than Half Price|
£2 excluding VAT
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix Price per person, per month Billed Annually|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Multiple Plan POA
For multiple staff, contact us for a demo, bespoke pricing and a dedicated account manager
|Unlimited Access to ALL courses No set-up fees or hidden charges Training Matrix POA Notice Period: By arrangement|
|Try a Free Course >>|
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…