GDPR and Data Protection
Privacy is one of the most debated topics in recent memory. It often seems like everyone wants to know our business.
This course provides an overview of handling information including GDPR and Data Protection specifically related to people working in care and support roles in social care.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Handling Information, GDPR and Data Protection.
- The law
- Implications of the legislation
- What is personal data
- Keeping data safe
- Communicating safely
- Data breaches
- Emergency situations
Aims of the Course
At the end of this learning you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of data protection legislation
- Know the implications of the legislation
- Give examples of personal data
- Know how to keep data safe
- Understand how to communicate safely
- Identify a data breach
- Know how to act in emergency situations
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Unlimited Learning Pricing
Choose a plan below that best suits your needs. If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, contact us.
£4 (ex VAT)
£2 (ex VAT)
24 Month Plan
£3 (ex VAT)
12 Month Plan
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to change the accessibility settings to suit your needs. This includes translation into 100+ languages, some of which can also be read out loud to you.
Oral Health Care The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals with their general health,…
Supervision Skills for Managers Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care Quality Commission’s Key Lines…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 50+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 14 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences