Free Medication Course - Supporting and Assisting (Part 1) Online Training Course
This online course is for anyone who will be supporting or assisting individuals to take their own medication.
If your role requires you to administer the medication yourself, then you will need to complete this course and also the second online course, Medication - Administration (Part 2) which thankfully is much shorter than this one.
Who should take this Medication online training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Supporting and Assisting with Medication.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
Medication Support Online Training Course Content
- Different types of medication
- Different ways medication can be administered
- Commonly used medications, what they are used for and common possible side effects
- Changes to an individual’s wellbeing that may indicate an adverse reaction to medication
- Legal classifications for medication and drugs
- Roles and responsibilities for prescribing and dispensing medication
- Roles and responsibilities supporting someone with medication in your organisation
- Over the counter remedies and supplements
- Materials and equipment that can assist in administering medication
- Ordering, receiving and collecting medication
- Storing medication safely
- Principles in supporting the use of medication
- Using risk assessments to promote independence in managing medication
- Addressing ethical issues that may arise over the use of medication
Aims of the Medication Support Training Course
At the end of this training course you will:
- Understand different types of medication, what they are used for and how they can be administered
- Know about legal drug classifications
- Know how medication is prescribed and by who
- Understand your role in supporting people with medication
- Know how to order, receive, collect and store medication safely
- Understand the dangers of over the counter remedies
- Know how to use the risk assessment and promote independence
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Health and Safety Online Training Course Everyone is responsible for health and safety. That includes you! This online training course provides a…
Medication Administration Online Training Course (Part 2) This online training course is for anyone who will directly be administering medication for individuals…
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences