FREE Course on Understand the Development of Children & Young People Online Training
In this online course we will look at various elements of development which will help us to understand the expected norms of children and young people.
We will look at what is expected at what age in their development and other influences which may affect these.
We will also look at the importance of monitoring and assessment as well as the importance of early intervention and the effects of transitions in their lives.
Who should take this Children Development online course?
This course has been designed specifically for people working with children and young people in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about child development. The course provides content to meet qualification units relating to child development.
We offer our courses for your LMS as SCORM files. Depending on the scope of what you need there may be a charge for this. Please connect to discuss it with us.
- Explain the sequence and rate of each aspect of development from birth to 19 years
- Describe the difference between sequence of development and rate of development
- Explain the impact of adolescent development on a young person’s thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Explain how children and young people’s development is influenced by personal factors
- Explain how children and young people’s development is influenced by external factors
- Explain how theories of development and frameworks to support development influence practice
- Explain how to monitor children and young people’s development using different methods
- Explain the importance of observation within the monitoring and assessment process
- Explain how interventions can promote positive outcomes for children and young people where development is not following the expected pattern
- Explain how multi agency teams work together to address a child or young person’s development needs
- Describe ways to ensure that day to day activities support the development of children and young people
- Explain the importance of early identification of development issues
- Explain the particular significance of early identification of speech, language and communication delays and disorders
- Explain how time of transition can affect children and young people’s development
- Evaluate the effect on children and young people of having positive relationships during periods of transition
Aims of the course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these might affect practice
- Understand the cycle of monitoring, assessment and intervention for children and young people’s development
- Understand the importance of early intervention to support development needs of children and young people
- Understand the effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
FREE Supervision Skills for Managers Online Training Course Supervision is linked to fundamental standards, which in turn, are linked to the Care…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences