Foster Care - Short Break Respite
Foster Care - Short Break Respite is an assessment only. It is not a full eLearning course with learning materials. It is designed to support Foster Carers and aspiring Foster Carers (who are undertaking short break respite care for children being fostered) to assess their knowledge against the Standards set out by the Department for Education.
The assessment will help you to ascertain what learning you need to acquire in order to meet these Standards. You will find plenty of courses in our course list relevant to supporting children that will help acquire the knowledge to achieve these Standards. You will find more information in this DfE Short Break Carers Resource.
Who should take this Foster Care - Short Break Respite Assessment?
This course has been designed specifically for Short Break Respite Foster Carers. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Short Break Respite Foster Care.
Foster Care - Short Break Respite Assessment Content
- Understand your role as a short break carer
- Provide a safe environment and healthy care
- Communicate effectively
- Understand the development of children and young people
- Keep children and young people safe from harm
- Develop yourself
Aims of the Foster Care - Short Break Respite Assessment
By the end of the training you will:
- Understand what buccal midazolam is
- Understand the potential for misuse
- Know the potential side effects
- Know what actions to take if buccal midazolam is ineffective
- Recognise the signs of respiratory depression
- Know how to use the Seizure Care Plan
- Know when to seek medical help
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…