Foster Care - Friends and Family
Foster Care - Friends and Family is an assessment only. It is not a full eLearning course with learning materials. It is designed to support Foster Carers and aspiring Foster Carers (who are friends or family to the child or children being fostered) to assess their knowledge against the Standards set out by the Department for Education.
The assessment will help you to ascertain what learning you need to acquire in order to meet these Standards. You will find plenty of courses in our course list relevant to supporting children that will help acquire the knowledge to achieve these Standards. You will find more information in this DfE Friends and Family Guide.
Who should take this Foster Care - Friends and Family Assessment?
This course has been designed specifically for Family and Friends Foster Carers. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to assess their knowledge against the Standards that Foster Carers are required to achieve.
Foster Care - Friends and Family Assessment Content
- Understand your role as a friends and family carer
- Know how to provide a safe environment and healthy care
- Know how to communicate effectively
- Understand the development of children and young people
- Keep children and young people safe from harm
- Develop yourself
Aims of the Foster Care - Friends and Family Assessment
This assessment aims to provide an opportunity for Friends and Family Foster Carers and people aspiring to take on this role to assess their knowledge against these Standards.
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…