Food Safety and Hygiene Online Training Course
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) requires care and support workers involved in handling, storing, preparation or serving of food to be competent and safe to practice in relation to food safety and hygiene and to meet the requirements of the Food Safety Act.
This online training course is aimed at anyone working in a role that regularly involves contact with food in a social care setting and also anyone responsible for managing people in these roles. It can be used as part of induction, to raise awareness, as a refresher or as a foundation course to meet CQC’s requirements.
Who should take this online Food Safety training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Food Safety and Hygiene.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Food Safety Online Training Course Content
- Understanding food law
- What is food poisoning?
- The impact of food poisoning
- Managing food poisoning
- Bacteria in food
- Viruses and parasites in food
- Cross contamination
- Freezing and defrosting
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Personal hygiene
- Food allergies
- Waste control
- Pest control
Aims of the Food Safety and Hygiene Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand the basics of food law
- Know what food poisoning is
- Understand the impact of food poisoning
- Know how to manage food poisoning
- List types of bacteria in food
- Have a basic knowledge of viruses and parasites in food
- Understand chilling, cooking and cleaning in relation to food safety
- Describe what cross contamination is
- Know how to freeze and defrost food
- List Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Understand the impact of personal hygiene on food safety
- Explain the basics of food allergies and their potential danger
- Have a basic understanding of both waste and pest control
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…