Fluids and Nutrition Online Training Course
To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art. It is essential that we support people to take care of their bodies.
It is the only place they have to live. This online training course is a refresher for people who have already done the Care Certificate.
Who should take the Fluid and Nutrition online training course?
This online Fluids and Nutrition training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about Fluids and Nutrition.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Fluids and Nutrition Online Training Course Content
- Describe the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food
- Explain the importance of good nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing
- List signs and symptoms of poor nutrition and hydration
- Explain how to promote adequate nutrition and hydration
- Check that drinks are within reach of those that have restrictions on their movement / mobility
- Check that drinks are refreshed on a regular basis
- Check that individuals are offered drinks in accordance with their plan of care
- Support and encourage individuals to drink in accordance with their plan of care
- Support individuals to access fluids - Report any concerns to the relevant person
- Ensure any nutritional products are within reach of those that have restrictions on their movement / mobility
- Check food temperature, care plans and the individual is able to eat it
- Check appropriate utensils are available to enable the individual to meet their nutritional needs as independently as possible
- Support and encourage individuals to eat in accordance with their plan of care
- Support individuals to access food - Report any concerns to the relevant person
Aims of the Fluid and Nutrition Training Course
By the end of the online course, you will:
- Understand the principles and importance of hydration and nutrition
- Understand the importance of food safety and hygiene in food handling
- Support individuals to have access to fluids in accordance with their care plan
- Identify the signs and symptoms of poor nutrition and hydration
- Know when to report concerns
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Duty of Candour Online Training Course In March 2021, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), who regulate social care in England, published…
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…