First Aid Skills Course
This online course is suitable for "appointed persons" who do not require formal first aid qualifications. It can also be used as a refresher. It includes a number of short video clips that will talk you through the different elements and give you visual support.
With first aid knowledge you can react confidently and quickly to an incident, injury or illness. The person in need could be your close family or friend, someone you work with or just a random stranger.
Who should take this online First Aid Skills course?
This online course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting in Wales. It may also be useful to a wider audience of people who would like to know more about first aid.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of first aiders
- Describe how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others
- Describe how to complete an incident report form
- First aid kits
- How to conduct a Primary Survey
- Identify when and how to call emergency services
- Explain how to assess a casualty's level of consciousness
- Explain how to open a casualty's airway and check their breathing
- Explain how to correctly put an unconscious person into the recovery position
- Describe how to treat a casualty who is in seizure
- Explain how to perform CPR
- Describe how to identify a casualty with a blocked airway
- Explain how to treat a person who is choking
- Explain how to control severe external bleeding
- Describe signs and symptoms of shock
- Describe how to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Describe how to manage small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns, scalds and splinters
Aims of the online Course
At the end of this eLearning you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider
- Know what a first aid kit contains
- Be able to conduct a Primary Survey
- Know how to call the emergency services
- Understand the essentials of providing first aid in an emergency
- Be able to identify and react to various first aid emergency situations
If you sign in to your account on Click before you take this course, you will be able to take the assessment and immediately access/download your certificate upon completion, which looks like this:
Social Care Unlimited Course and Certificate Package
Price options are per user per month, inclusive
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Other Courses that you maybe interested in
Health and Safety Online Training Course Everyone is responsible for health and safety. That includes you! This online training course provides a…
First Aid Skills Online Training Course This online training course is suitable for “appointed persons” who do not require formal first aid…
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 100+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences