Fire Safety Awareness Online Training Course
Carelessness is the biggest cause of fire. Fire destruction is usually the work of one person but fire prevention is everybody’s responsibility.
Make sure you are part of the solution and that you support people to avoid being the problem by keeping your fire safety knowledge up to date with this online course.
Who should take this online Fire Safety training course?
This online training course has been designed specifically for Care and Support Workers working in a social care setting. It will also be useful to a wider audience of people who should know about Fire Safety.
If you would like to add this course to your LMS as a SCORM file, just let us know.
Fire Safety Online Training Course Content
- How fires start and continue - the Fire Tetrahedron
- Preventing electrical fires
- The fire dangers of smoking
- Dangers of fire from the accumulation of rubbish, paper and other combustible materials
- The dangers of fire from the misuse of heaters and open fires
- The dangers of fire and cooking
- The dangers of fire - Other things to consider
- The effects of fire - Burns
- The effects of fire - Smoke inhalation
- The dangers of toxic fumes
- Fire prevention and control
- What to do and NOT do if the fire alarm is activated
- What to do and NOT do if you discover a fire
- If a small fire breaks out in a kitchen, what should you do?
- Different types of fire extinguisher and their correct use
- How to use a fire extinguisher properly
- Fire Blankets
- Fire classifications
- Fire safety in the workplace
Aims of the Fire Safety Awareness Training Course
By the end of the training course, you will:
- Understand how fires start and continue
- Explain the Fire Tetrahedron
- Identify the dangers of fire
- Understand the effects of fire
- Know how to react in an emergency
- Understand when and how to tackle a small fire
- Understand how to identify and use the correct extinguisher
Multiple Plan POA
Our plans allow organisations to recycle licences instead of always purchasing more credits - no hidden charges for changes in staff! If you would like to purchase more than 50 licences, book a demo and know more please contact us.
Why use Grey Matter Learning?
- Our methodology values previous learning, saving time
- Clever accessibility settings including 100+ languages
- 60+ high quality courses, specially written for care
- Join thousands of services and local authorities
- Proven to reduce staff turnover and improve CQC ratings
- Established 15 years - we know what works
- Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, CPD certification
- No hidden charges, we recycle your licences
FREE Safeguarding for Managers and Safeguarding Leads Training Course Organisations must ensure that every person (operating within the scope of their organisation)…
FREE Oral Health Care Online Training Course The key objective for people working in health and social care is to support individuals…